Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SL500 Library - Cannot Be Seen By Master

2009-02-17 05:30:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SL500 Library - Cannot Be Seen By Master
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:12:30 +1100
Simon,

Here's a way you can visually checking your zoning configuration from Cisco Fabric Manager.

I don't have access to CFM right now, but from the "main window", drill down to the appropriate zone in the active zoneset in the upper left section of the window. Select it.

All HBAs and devices that are in that selected zone should be highlighted yellow in the "fabric topology" part of the window. You should see your host's HBA, and the SL500's control path WWN, and the tape drives, all highlighted yellow.

You might also want to try a few "fcpings". This can be done from the GUI too, I think.

I assume ACSLS is not part of the picture here.

Have you installed the latest Veritas tape device drivers? http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287850.htm

Good luck,
Dean