Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?

2013-07-25 10:39:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:32:11 -0400
> Please have a look at the example for one of our SAP (SQL) servers -
> of course i know that the VSS 'volume' should also be backed up.
> The DB files are spread across a lot of volumes but only the one
> with SAP services is listed in addition to C:\ .
>
>  (http://postimg.org/image/pmtc58fs7/)

I am curious. If you don't choose the VSS volume, and the 2 volumes
suggested - C: and H: - how can the DR saveset actually work, if you go to
do an actual disaster recovery of this client? I don't see how you can get
a function disaster recovery restore without choosing all the VSS volume,
and C: and H:.

And if not, then *effectively* the DR saveset is the sum total size of all
those volumes (since the recovered client won't work properly without
them)

If you just type DISASTER_RECOVERY: in the saveset definition in your
example (i.e., don't go choosing volumes, since that wouldn't give you a
backup that you can use as a source for a DR recovery), you will get C:,
H:, and the other volumes. How many gig is that?