Networker

[Networker] Migrating networker client to new networker server - server

2013-07-25 10:46:41
Subject: [Networker] Migrating networker client to new networker server - server
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 07:40:08 -0700
Well done.

Actually the second port is used by an internal portmapper which has been
implemented about 15 yearss ago.
I even remember times when there were 2 visible nsrexecd processes running.

This is a statement from the NW 8 Admin Guide:
"The nsrexecd command, when used on every type of NetWorker host, will always
try to listen on ports 7937 and 7938. Both of these ports should therefore be
kept available. Also, rpcbind (portmapper) should be running and available
through the firewall in case port 7938 is not available. Otherwise, the
NetWorker software will not function correctly."