Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?

2013-07-25 09:04:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:55:08 -0400
> 1. Of course you will need the save set "DISASTER RECOVERY:\".
>    I did not mention this earlier because it was obvious to me when
> i am talking about 'the VSS Save Sets'.

As I pointed out, the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset includes all drives for
this server. So you get duplicate backups, if you use the 2 client
definitions you suggest. (and probably errors in one of them, as the
SourceOne services will have files open while one of those backups is
going on)

> 2. When you select DR save set, NW will remind you that it must have
> the system drive as well.
>     In fact it is talking about 'All critical volumes' which means
> nothing else but all drives where an EXE runs/is registered as a
service.

Examine my other email, where I posted the results of a backup of saveset
DISASTER_RECOVERY: only. It listed all drives in the server. Including
drives that only have databases and data files on them. There are no EXEs
or services running from those drives, but they are backed up by the
DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset, because they are listed as "critical system
drives".

>     This is usually the C:\ drive but might apply to others as well.
>     As long as such does not exist, my solution should be fine.

As I posted, ALL drives are listed as system critical (the same as my
Lotus Notes server does).