Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?

2013-07-24 09:55:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:48:23 -0400
> I'm having an odd problem. I have a client that I recently upgraded to
NW
> client 8.0.2. Now, it seems that every Windows client I upgrade to NW
8.x
> needs to have
>
> save -a "ignore-all-missing-system-files=yes"
>
> In the "backup command" entry in NMC, otherwise the ALL saveset fails
with
> "the system can not find the path specified". Tech Support recommended
> this work-around, and it works fine. If I don't, then every Windows 2008

> ALL backup with client 8.x fails. (the part that fails is either
> DISASTER_RECOVERY: or one of the VSS savesets). And it's always a
> different file - usually it's one of the .inf files, but not always.
It's
> always an error with the "shadow copy path".
>
> Anyway, until I can figure out why every backup fails without that
> setting, I have one client that is using the backup command "savepnpc".
> (we need to run a script that stops specific services before backup and
> then restarts them, upon completion. It's EMC's SourceOne mail archiving

> system).

type: savepnpc;
precmd: "C:\\PHA_Sc~1\\SuspendSourceOne.CMD";
pstcmd: "C:\\PHA_Sc~1\\ResumeSourceOne.CMD";
# timeout: "12:00:00";
abort precmd with group: No;

> So how can I use both entries?  I don't have another client that
requires
> a "savepnpc", so it's not easy for me to test; I can't use this
production
> system to test changes to the NW backup :-).  I don't see any save
command
> in my .res file - I only have a "precmd" and "postcmd" entry, that
points
> to the scripts that stop and start the services. There is no "save"
> command listed in the .res file. And the Administratio Guide says:
>
> The save command should not be specified in the group-name.res file. The

> savepnpc
> program will automatically invoke the save command and back up the save
> sets
> specified in the Save set attribute for the client.
>
> But I need a specialized save command, with that option. So how can I
have
> both a savepnpc and the specialized save command?

Do I need to create a new script, and use it to save, and not use the
"savepnpc"?
i.e.

"C:\\PHA_Sc~1\\SuspendSourceOne.CMD";
C:\Program~1\Legato\nsr\bin\save -a "ignore-all-missing-system-files=yes"
"C:\\PHA_Sc~1\\ResumeSourceOne.CMD";