Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?

2013-07-26 02:39:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use savepnpc with a backup "set" command?
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:36:21 +0300
On 07/25/2013 05:05 PM, bingo wrote:
> "As I pointed out, the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset includes all drives for
> this server. So you get duplicate backups, if you use the 2 client
> definitions you suggest."
>
> That was correct but it depends on your OS/NW combination.
> At least with W2K8 & NW 8.0.1.1 this is not true any longer. The DR save set
> is just some KB in size.
>
> Please have a look at the example for one of our SAP (SQL) servers - of
> course i know that the VSS 'volume' should also be backed up.
> The DB files are spread across a lot of volumes but only the one with SAP
> services is listed in addition to C:\ .

Earlier version 7.x take DR all drives where Windows services start
automaric at startup pointed. If you installed service which exe were
d:, then DR copied C: and D: drives.
NW 8.x made DR only with drive C:

Strategy with DR recovery is install basic os and nw-client. Then you
install programs from media and recover data from backups.

Regards, Riku