Networker

Re: [Networker] Tracking recycled media....

2008-03-28 13:44:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tracking recycled media....
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:41:30 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
03/28/2008 12:53:27 PM:

> davina wrote:
> >

> > If any of the tapes in question have not yet been recycled, then
mminfo
> > will show you what is on them. mminfo can tell you what save sets
still
> > exist, even if they are recyclABLE. In this case, you can mark the
save
> > sets and notrecyclable, and scan them back in to the index.
> >

> Understood.   Unfortunately, the data the suits are interested in is
> so old that the media has probably been reused 10 or 12 times by
> other clients and pools.

Even the suits should understand that very old data probably exists only
in an end-of-month backup. I can get you Joe's mailbox as of Dec 31, 2004,
but if you want it as of Dec 4, 2004 ...well, that ain't gonna happen ....