Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Add external drive rotation to existing backup regime?

2017-05-10 03:42:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Add external drive rotation to existing backup regime?
From: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:41:45 +0200
On 05/10/17 00:21, David Andrzejewski wrote:

> I've looked at vchanger, and I *think* that's what I need here.

That's what I'm using.

> I want to be sure that I can do complete restores even if the
> server and on-site external drive is totally destroyed.

Well, of course you'll test this before disaster strikes...

> I want to be sure I configure this to have the full backups and
> incremental backups on the ZFS pool as it is now, as well as on ALL
> external hard drives, so only one of the drives is needed to do a full
> restore of everything, at least up until the point where it was
> unmounted from the system.
>
> How can I be sure of all of this?

I'm using copy jobs, altough I had to write a custom query to manually
select the latest Full, latest Differential and all subsequent Incrementals.

Consolidating them into a single volume would be nicer, but I found no
way to put that up with the fact that I still want bacula to use the
original volumes if they are avaliable.

  bye
        av.