Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula with RDX

2016-03-21 08:48:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula with RDX
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:45:45 -0300 (BRT)
Just in time:

"Performance

Using our Consumer Testing Platform, we tested three RDX capacities to measure
relative performance against one another over USB 3.0 interface. The 500GB and
1.5TB drives were RDX Secure encrypted models, while the 1TB was an unencrypted
model. First, we measured 2MB sequential speeds, and the 500GB came in with
75.07MB/s read and 74.84MB/s write. The 1TB unencrypted tested at 93.35MB/s
read and 87.97MB/s write, while the 1.5TB scored the highest numbers at
112.74MB/s read and 112.27MB/s write.

For 2MB random transfer speeds, the 500GB tested reads at 41.43MB/s and writes
at 40.76MB/s. The 1TB unencrypted reads measured at 44.00MB/s and writes at
42.02MB/s, and the 1.5TB achieved 48.47MB/s read and 38.55MB/s write. This
time, 1.5TB had class-best reads, and the speediest writes came from the
unencrypted 1TB by a small margin.

In 4K random transfers, the 500GB had 0.233MB/s reads and 0.505MB/s writes. For
the unencrypted 1TB, we measured reads at 0.217MB/s and writes at 0.409MB/s.
The 1.5TB posted 0.225MB/s reads and 0.467MB/s writes. This time, the 500GB had
a slim margin of victory for reads and also had the highest write speeds.

The drives have performance that compete solidly with one another with each
taking a couple of victories along the way to even out and are aligned well in
terms of performance we'd expect from traditional USB attached portable
storage."

Source:
http://www.storagereview.com/imation_rdx_media_secure_usb_30_review_rdxusb3