Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Weekly full backups on tape, Daily incrementals on File

2015-01-16 11:03:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Weekly full backups on tape, Daily incrementals on File
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:14:12 +0000

You can try limiting your configuration to a single job, and tell it when to do a full or incremental backup through the schedule, like below.

Any backup type specified in the Schedule overrides the “Level = Full” in the job definition (which is still required to be there, but will be ignored if you specify it in the schedule).

Which pool to use can be specified per backup type in the job def.

As with Level, the ‘Pool =’ line is required, but it only provides a default. ‘Full Backup Pool’ and ‘Incremental Backup Pool’ override it.

The storage can be specified in the pool resource, I moved it there because you have two pools on different storage devices. This isn’t required in either the job or the pool def, but if it isn’t specified in one it must be in the other.

Also remember that if you change anything in the include or exclude list in a fileset resource between backups, the next backup will default to full again (unless you tell it not to, by including a “Ignore Fileset Changes = yes” line in it – which will itself only take effect after the next backup, so you may still be saddled up with a full the first time if you’d rather have an incremental).

Based upon your configuration, I come to something like this (but without testing, absolutely no guarantee that it is working).

Schedule {

  Name = "WeeklyCycle"

  Run = Full sat at 20:10

  Run = Incremental mon-fri at 20:10