Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Weekly full backups on tape, Daily incrementals on File

2015-01-16 09:47:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Weekly full backups on tape, Daily incrementals on File
From: Gustavo Lacerda <glacerda AT lge.ibi.unicamp DOT br>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, Gustavo Lacerda <glacerda AT lge.ibi.unicamp DOT br>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:45:49 -0200
Hi Uwe, thank you for your help. I have done a full backup on tape and it completed with no errors. The problem is that the daily job (differential backup on File) doesn't  recognize that a full backup on tape was done previously and asks to do a full backup on File first. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Gustavo

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:22:43PM -0200, Gustavo Lacerda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the first time I'm configuring bacula. I have a autochan ger with 8
> slots and 1 drive. I tried to schedule a weekly full backup on tape and
> daily differential backups on file.  This is a small test. The whole full
> has 2GB in data. The tape backup run and terminated with no errors.
> However, the daily differential backups on File didn't recognize that I had
> alread done a full backup on tape and asks me to do a Full backup on file.
> Could you please help me?

The first time the job is run bacula sees it hasn't done a full backup
yet, so the incr. job from your schedule is updated to a full backup.

Just start a full backup using bconsole and you should be all set the
next time an incremental is scheduled like so:

* run job=homedir-bioinfo03-weekly level=full storage=tape-autochanger
  pool=Tape-Weekly

Cheers, Uwe
> The relevant parts of my dir.conf:
>
> Job {
>   Name = homedir-bioinfo03-weekly
>   Client = bioinfo03.ibi.unicamp.br-fd
>   JobDefs = DefaultJob
>   FileSet = homedir-bioinfo03
>   Level = Full
>   Schedule = WeeklyCycle
>   Storage = tape-autochanger
>   Spool Data = ""> >   Pool = Tape-Weekly
>   Type = Backup
>   Messages = Standard
> }
>
> Job {
>   Name = homedir-bioinfo03-daily
>   Client = bioinfo03.ibi.unicamp.br-fd
>   JobDefs = DefaultJob
>   FileSet = homedir-bioinfo03
>   Level = Differential
>   Schedule = WeeklyCycle
>   Storage = File
>   Spool Data = ""> >   Pool = File-Daily
>   Type = Backup
>   Messages = Standard
> }
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "homedir-bioinfo03"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = MD5
>       _onefs_ = yes
>     }
>   File=/usr/local/data/lge/eduformi
>   }
> }
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Tape-Weekly
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Purge Oldest Volume = Yes
>   Volume Retention = 28 days
>   LabelFormat="Week-"
> }
>
> Pool {
>   Name = File-Daily
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Purge Oldest Volume = Yes
>   Volume Retention = 6 days
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 80G
>   Maximum Volumes = 5
>   Label Format = "Vol-"
> }
>
> Best regards,
> Gustavo

nionex GmbH --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA