Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't connect to director

2014-07-27 13:22:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't connect to director
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:19:58 -0400
On 07/27/14 13:08, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
>  Yes the Password="xxx" matches between bconsole.conf and bacula-dir.conf.
>
> So not really sure why this error keeps happening!
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Have you restarted the Director after making changes to the bacula-dir.conf
file?

Typically, after making changes to the bacula-dir.conf file, you would issue a
"reload" command in bconsole, but we need to get you connected via bconsole
first. :)

OK, one other thing... I see from your original post that you are connecting
to ops.mydomain.com    and I see from your feedback that bacula-dir is
listening on all IPs on your server...

Does ops.mydomain.com resolve to an IP that your bacula server is configured as?

e.g.:

# ifconfig eth0

and

# dig ops.mydomain.com A