Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup Clusters

2014-05-23 09:37:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup Clusters
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 15:35:15 +0200
Hello,

Good point. One bacula-fd instance could be used to backup only the DRBD-based storage and listen only on the cluster service IP and running only on the node that is primary. A second bacula-fd instance on each node could backup all non-cluster storage and exclude any DRBD-based storage.

It is not what I suggest in my original email because it require additional bacula and cluster configuration. In your case bacula-fd should be a part of cluster service. It should be started by cluster service, depend on failover IP (do not forger about ip/port binding at bacula for cluster and for nodes), other cluster resources (do not start bacula-fd when, it should have its own installation (not required) and its own configuration located on cluster managed filesystem, etc. And Yes if you carefully configure it it will work (I deployed bacula-fd in this scenario and it work).
My suggestion was a very simple. Do not install/configure another bacula-fd but simply and clever use existing configuration. In my case it is a change of 4 parameters and adding a new client definition - your require a lot more.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net