Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup Clusters

2014-05-23 09:05:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup Clusters
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 09:02:39 -0400
On 5/23/2014 8:07 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

is there any possibility to do Bacula backup jobs only in case a
directory exists/is mounted?

We are using DRBD on a 2 node cluster. Usually the first node is
active and the backup job is running on this node. In case we have to
do a failover we don't have a backup. I created a job for the second
node but now we receive all the time warnings because the filesystem
is only mounted when the second node will be promoted to DRBD-Primary.

In most HA clusters you should have a cluster service IP address (failover) which is pointing to the active node (the node where cluster serice is active). This IP address should failover with your cluster service. In this case you can define a virtual bacula client (at cluster service IP address) which will be responsible for cluster service backup. To assure your virtual bacula client can successfully connect to the bacula service is to define the same bacula client password for both nodes. See simple configuration:

Good point. One bacula-fd instance could be used to backup only the DRBD-based storage and listen only on the cluster service IP and running only on the node that is primary. A second bacula-fd instance on each node could backup all non-cluster storage and exclude any DRBD-based storage.

FD:
Node1:
- ip: 10.10.10.10
- passwd: baculapassword

Node2:
- ip: 10.10.10.20
- passwd: baculapassword

Cluster Service:
- ip: 10.10.10.30

DIR:

client { name=node1; address=10.10.10.10; password=baculapassword; }
client { name=node2; address=10.10.10.20; password=baculapassword; }
client { name=cluster1; address=10.10.10.30; password=baculapassword; }

I hope this help.
 best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski