Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup Clusters

2014-05-23 07:24:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup Clusters
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 07:19:12 -0400
On 5/23/2014 6:23 AM, Willi Fehler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there any possibility to do Bacula backup jobs only in case a
> directory exists/is mounted?
>
> We are using DRBD on a 2 node cluster. Usually the first node is
> active and the backup job is running on this node. In case we have to
> do a failover we don't have a backup. I created a job for the second
> node but now we receive all the time warnings because the filesystem
> is only mounted when the second node will be promoted to DRBD-Primary.

This is almost the same issue faced when backing up laptops that may or
may not be connected. All that can be done is to isolate the
intermittent things and live with the warnings. In other words, run two
jobs for each node; one that backs up just the DRBD devices and another
that backs up everything else.