Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup of dedicated server

2013-06-25 04:11:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup of dedicated server
From: soveren <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 00:27:25 -0700
Hello everybody! I'm new here and i have a problem :) Sorry for my english :)

I have a bacula server in my network, storage are at the same computer, it has
grey IP address 192.168.100.2, i'm collecting backups from servers in my LAN,
now i need to collect backup from dedicated servers in the internet, my lan
connected to internet with gateway like this

(BACULA_LAN)---->(GATEWAY)---->(INTERNET)---->(DEDICATD SERVER)

How must i edit my bacula config so i can get backups from dedicated servers?

What i did for now:

1)Installed client on dedicated server and started it.
2)I made for dedicated server another storage in bacula-dir with IP address of
gateway(i can't give grey IP of bacula server cause dedicated server will try
to connect to him and it goes to nowhere)

Storage {
  Name = remote
  Address = external_ip
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "pass"
  Device = backup-dev
  Media Type = File
}

3)On the bacula-server edited:

bacula-dir.conf
Job {
  Name = "xxx"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = xxx
  FileSet = "xxx"
  Schedule = "main"
  Storage = remote
  Messages = Daemon
  Pool = main-pool
  Priority = 1
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/xxx.bsr"
}

4)And made redirect from gateway ports 9101 and 9103 from external ip to bacula
server

With this config Bacula can collect backups from dedicated server, but i can't
restore it to anywhere(even in bacula server):

error in bconsole is
FILENAME is waiting on Storage "remote"

I know i made something wrong and there is another way to collect