Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] why restore so slow after bscan?

2013-06-25 03:52:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] why restore so slow after bscan?
From: Jummo <jummo4 AT yahoo DOT de>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:47:55 +0200 (CEST)
Hello Kern,

I have set the Maximum File Size to 10 GByte for my LTO5 drive. According
to the documentation [1], every time the Maximum File Size is reach a EOF
is written to the tape, the tape will stop. To avoid this, the Maximum
File Size should set to a higher value.

Until now, I'm fine with the 10 GByte. The write speed is good and all
restores until now were reasonable fast. Should I decrease the value?

I have restored three jobs (all records were purged from catalog) with the
following bscan command (all jobs where stored on one volume)

bscan -P '<DB password>' -s -m -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf -v -V
<Volumename> <Path to tape>

After this I have records for all three jobs, but only one record in
JobMedia for this tape. A regular tape (without bscan) has serveral
records in JobMedia. Anything wrong with my bscan command?

Best Regads,
  - Jummo

[1]
http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html#11807