Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of dedicated server

2013-06-25 08:33:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of dedicated server
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:28:23 -0400
On 06/25/13 03:27, soveren wrote:
> Hello everybody! I'm new here and i have a problem :) Sorry for my english :)
>
> I have a bacula server in my network, storage are at the same computer, it
> has grey IP address 192.168.100.2, i'm collecting backups from servers in my
> LAN, now i need to collect backup from dedicated servers in the internet, my
> lan connected to internet with gateway like this
>
> (BACULA_LAN)---->(GATEWAY)---->(INTERNET)---->(DEDICATD SERVER)
>
> How must i edit my bacula config so i can get backups from dedicated servers?

The simplest way is with stunnel, a port forward rule or two and firewall rule
or two on your firewall.

This way all traffic is encrypted between Bacula and your Internet server, and
your forward/firewall rules can limit the inbound stunnel connections to your
Internet server's IP.

I think there is an Stunnel section in the Bacula manual (main.pdf). If not, I
have been thinking of writing up a howto on my setup with your exact
configuration.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Arlofski