Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LZO compression on FreeBSD

2013-06-04 13:58:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LZO compression on FreeBSD
From: Laurent Papier <bacula AT tuxfan DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 19:34:02 +0200
On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:17:05 +0000
Doug Sampson <dougs AT dawnsign DOT com> wrote:

> Thanks for confirming this. I've recompiled both the server and client on the
> Bacula server and the configure options confirms the LZO support option is
> enabled.

Nice, you should now have a director (bacula-dir)with lzo compression options
and storage (bacula-sd) with lzo stream support. You must have this to be able
to use lzo enabled client (bacula-fd).

> Do I need to have the LZO software installed on remote Bacula clients as
> well? Or is LZO on just the server adequate?

The lzo compression is done in the fd daemon. So, you need lzo lib and lzo
enabled client (bacula-fd) on every remote bacula client where you want lzo
compression.

--
Laurent Papier