Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Purge Log table - was: Re: Restore performance

2011-09-21 13:55:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Purge Log table - was: Re: Restore performance
From: Marcio Merlone <marcio.merlone AT a1.ind DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:53:31 -0300
Em 21-09-2011 14:45, Alexandre Chapellon escreveu:
Le 21/09/2011 18:56, Marcio Merlone a écrit :
Em 21-09-2011 13:33, Alexandre Chapellon escreveu:
As Gavin pointed out, a 150GB database is huuuuuuuuuuuge for only a dozen client.
Unless you have billions of files on each client there is no reason your catalog is that large.
Are you sure you correctly applied job and file retention on your catalog? Also are you sure you catalog is not full of orphaned records?

Before migrating to postgres (which is a good choice for big catalogs), I would look at the catalog to see if all retention period are correctly applied.

I am running dbcheck to see how many rabbits come out of the bushes. File table is only 6.6GB and Log is 105GB. What's that Log table for? It only have blobs...
It is supposed to contain bacula report... just like in the bacula log file.
I'm not sure having such a big amount of  data in another table hurts, may be it does if you use innodb.
If you use MyISAM... my guess is it should not hurts... but note I am not a DBA!
Me neither, and it is innodb, in my case.

However, I'd like to know if this table can be safely purged? As one day or another it will grow to an unacceptable size... (even more if I have the same info in logfile).
+1
Can it?

--
Marcio Merlone