Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore performance

2011-09-21 09:58:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore performance
From: Marcio Merlone <marcio.merlone AT a1.ind DOT br>
To: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:56:09 -0300
Em 21-09-2011 10:29, Gavin McCullagh escreveu:
A 150GB database.  That's pretty large.  How many clients have you?
About a dozen clients - some inactive but still with valid backup - File Retention = 6 months, Job Retention = 1 year. Most clients have few or no changes, but my storage server has 2,825,101 files on a full backup and almost 100.000 on an incremental.

Which database are you using (MySQL, Postgresql)?
MySQL.

If you haven't seen it
already, this might be useful:

http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=faq#restore_takes_a_long_time_to_retrieve_sql_results_from_mysql_catalog
Yes, I was there when you mail arrived. It made think about going to Postgres. Is there any upgrade path or helper to go from mysql to postgres? I am now optimizing File table and will then run dbcheck.

Best regards,

--
Marcio Merlone