Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore performance

2011-09-21 12:36:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore performance
From: Alexandre Chapellon <a.chapellon AT horoa DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:33:55 +0200
Eric

As Gavin pointed out, a 150GB database is huuuuuuuuuuuge for only a dozen client.
Unless you have billions of files on each client there is no reason your catalog is that large.
Are you sure you correctly applied job and file retention on your catalog? Also are you sure you catalog is not full of orphaned records?

Before migrating to postgres (which is a good choice for big catalogs), I would look at the catalog to see if all retention period are correctly applied.

Best regards.