Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purge Log table - was: Re: Restore performance

2011-09-22 03:14:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purge Log table - was: Re: Restore performance
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:11:05 +0200
Hello,

> Great information Chris , thank you!
> However Marcio setup seems to show that the Log table is not purged as
> expected.
> I have checked on my setup too and while I have almost 2000 rows in y
> Log table, I have only 150 entries in the Job table.

Having 10 lines of log per job is not unusual... (each row contains one
line of log).

Having 150G for 2000 lines of log *is* unusual. It should be 200kB.

> select count(*) from Log;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> | 1886 |
> +----------+
>
> select count(*) from Job;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> | 151 |
>

> Which tends to proove Log table is not pruned with associated Jobs.
> Is it a bug?

It doesn't prove anything, except that something is uncorrectly
configured on the MySQL or on the system part.

Bye

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com