Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Long-term backups - was: Hard disk as backup media

2010-03-24 17:06:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Long-term backups - was: Hard disk as backup media
From: Dave Robison <daver AT vicor DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:38:06 -0700
Wouldn't DVD be a pretty good solution for this? Perhaps they won't be
around in 10 years, but I'd count that you could find a working reader.
At that point you could read the data off and write it to whatever the
latest, most long-term media happens to be.

Certainly better than hard drives as far as interface and longevity.

Dave

--
Dave Robison
Sales Solution Architect II

This message contains confidential and proprietary information
of the sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the e-mail sender
immediately, and delete the original message without making a
copy.