Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Hard disk as backup media

2010-03-24 11:19:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Hard disk as backup media
From: Marcio Vogel Merlone dos Santos <marcio.merlone AT a1.ind DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:57:18 -0300
Hi all,

I am currently using bacula 2.4.2-1ubuntu4~hardy1, but the web docs
refer to 5.0. Could please someone point to this lazy/buzy admin some
docs which could help me setup a hard-disk as a "perpetual" retention
media for annual backups?

The idea is to make a full backup once or twice a year on a hard-disk,
remove it from the machine, keep its catalog and store it somewhere
until the end of the company. I have to implement this solution until
end of june.... :)

BTW, once this is implemented, is there how to import old full backup
HDs into bacula, telling their date to bacula?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Marcio Merlone