Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up more than 200 servers

2010-03-16 13:40:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up more than 200 servers
From: Richard Mortimer <richm AT oldelvet.org DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:22:01 +0000

On 16/03/2010 15:33, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 03/16/10 11:09, John Drescher wrote:
>> On 03/16/10 10:30, Rodrigo Fernandes wrote:
>>> My backup server has the bacula version 2.4.4-1 installed via tar.gz in a
>>> Red Hat Enterprise Server 5.4 x86_64
>>
>> You should really upgrade to 5.0.1 if possible.
>
> Yes, agreed.  Unfortunately, 5.0.1 is not yet readily available on all
> platforms except by building from source.  I was looking at this the
> other day to see whether it was feasible yet to upgrade all of my
> machines, and finding that (for example) Debian and Ubuntu *still* have
> no stable packages newer than 2.4.4-b1, although there are unstable
> Bacula-5 .debs
5.0.1 transitioned into the Debian testing (squeeze) release on the 14th
March. That is reported as being available for most (all?) supported
Debian platforms.
In addition it seems that 5.0.1 is now available in lenny-backports.

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=bacula&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

I haven't checked Ubuntu recently but now it is available in backports
I'm going to start testing/moving over to 5.0.x on my setup.

Regards

Richard

and Gentoo has nothing newer than 3.0.3 even in unstable.