Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backing up more than 200 servers

2010-03-16 10:34:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backing up more than 200 servers
From: Rodrigo Fernandes <rodrigoefer AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:30:58 -0300
I wonder if someone on the list have knowledge about how to climb the bacula to backup over 200 servers?  It´s is possible?

Currently, my "Max Concurrent Jobs" on Bacula-dir, bacula-fd is equal to 60 and bacula-sd is equal to 10.

I have 50 servers that run the full backup over the weekend (due to the large volume of data) and servers with smaller volume of data run the full backup during the week. The problem is that due to the large number of servers (more than 200 during the week) the incremental backup ends up creating problems during the weekend, causing backups Full canceled due to problems with bacula-dir (because of the variable max concurrent jobs of the file bacula-dir exceeded the 60 jobs).

I was looking at the list of bacula and found an email from Phil Stracchino explaining "how the concurrency jobs works".

It's really necessary to create more than 1 bacula-fd to control the jobs? (How can I do that. I can use any port?). I think to set the "Max Concurrent Jobs" in bacula-dir and bacula-fd to 100 and limit the
"Max Concurrent Jobs" in bacula-sd to the number of jobs that I really need, considering the problem with incremental backup.

Can anybody have some idea about how to resolve this issue?

My backup server has the bacula version 2.4.4-1 installed via tar.gz in a Red Hat Enterprise Server 5.4 x86_64

I appreciate any help right now and apologize for the long text.

Rodrigo Fernandes