Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-05 15:49:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:44:38 +0100
Doytchin Spiridonov schrieb:

> the no.1 item from the list here:
>
> http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=projects
>

> Item:   1   Accurate restoration of renamed/deleted files

That's the most important new feature I'm looking forward to. I
recently was hit by a filesystem corruption and had to restore 7 TB
of data. The restore required the last full (4 weeks ago), 1 diff and
all 5 incremental daily backups. In the end the restored filesystem
was 20% larger than before (duplicates, renamed files, deleted files).

I run a simple find script as ClientRunBefore Job, but this doesn't
help that much.

Ralf