Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-05 17:11:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:07:48 -0800
Dan Langille wrote:
> - From the beginning Bacula works with multiple volumes in a given
> directory.
> This is well documented in the Pool example chapter where I describe
> setting
> up an automated system using three different pools.

I'm not sure if this is in response to an earlier feature request from
me, or something else.

I would like to see an enhancement here. As it is, this does not map
very well to rotating multiple hard disks on a weekly basis, because
volumes map to files - but you can't take individual files off site for
rotation the way you can with tapes.

The Pool example in the documentation doesn't solve that problem,
because all Full backups always end up in the same pool (and thus same
directory on the same hard disk).

Or am I missing something?