Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status

2008-10-02 15:42:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:37:53 +0200
On Thursday 02 October 2008 17:39:25 Hemant Shah wrote:
> Kern,
>
>   When you add these features to the on-line documentation, it would be
> nice if there was a tag (maybe in the left margin) that provided the
> version of bacula that supported that option.
>
>   From reading this userlist I have noticed that many users install
> whatever is available in the software repository, which are old versions,
> and there are few users who stay one version behind for stability. When
> they read the documentation it is not clear whether a given option is
> supported in their version of bacula.

Adding a tag in the left margin is too hard to get correct and means a lot of
maintenance at least at this point with the limited manpower we have.

However, we hope to soon have multiple versions of the manual on the web site
so that you can consult the manual that corresponds to your version.

Regards,

Kern