Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8, dbcheck never completes

2008-08-19 17:12:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8, dbcheck never completes
From: Jeff Dickens <jeff AT m2.seamanpaper DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:11:44 -0400
For what it's worth I've created these two sql files that I use before
and after every dbcheck:

::::::::::::::
extra_indexes.sql
::::::::::::::
create index File_PathId_idx on File(PathId);
create index File_FilenameId_idx on File(FilenameId);
::::::::::::::
remove_extra_indexes.sql
drop index File_FilenameId_idx on File;
drop index File_PathId_idx on File;

The create index commands take a while to work, but then the dbcheck
goes much more quickly.  My catalog is about 500MB.  I was told if I
didn't remove the extra indexes it would slow down insert operations.

Without these, the dbcheck will apparently never finish, with a dual
xeon 3.2 Ghz and 10kRPM u320 disks...

If I've said this before pardon me for repeating myself, but this should
be a explicitly addressed in the docs/FAQs.