Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8, dbcheck never completes

2008-08-18 11:21:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8, dbcheck never completes
From: Technik <technik AT zli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:21:06 +0200 (CEST)
I'm using an old version of bacula (1.38.11). dbchecks came never to an
end without four additional indices on the File and Job table.

create index PathId on File (PathId);
create index FilenameId on File (FilenameId);
create index ClientId on Job (ClientId);
create index FileSetId on Job (FileSetId);

With my version there are already three indices on the File table:
Primary, JobId (JobId) and JobId_2 (JobId, PathId, FilenameId). Anyway -
don't change the indices that comes with bacula.

Usually just create the indices mentioned above and dbcheck probably
comes within 2 mins to an end depending on the size of your catalog db.

Cheers, Primus.