Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8, dbcheck never completes

2008-08-18 13:18:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8, dbcheck never completes
From: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:18:21 -0400

This did the trick! Thanks so much, yes, it was literally something like
2 mins.

I really sort of feel like I have too many indexes now, but... who
knows. Anyone know if MySQL will allow you to define two of the same index?

Technik wrote:
| I'm using an old version of bacula (1.38.11). dbchecks came never to an
| end without four additional indices on the File and Job table.
|
| create index PathId on File (PathId);
| create index FilenameId on File (FilenameId);
| create index ClientId on Job (ClientId);
| create index FileSetId on Job (FileSetId);
|
| With my version there are already three indices on the File table:
| Primary, JobId (JobId) and JobId_2 (JobId, PathId, FilenameId). Anyway -
| don't change the indices that comes with bacula.
|
| Usually just create the indices mentioned above and dbcheck probably
| comes within 2 mins to an end depending on the size of your catalog db.
|

| Cheers, Primus.
|

| Am Mo 18.08.2008 16:41 schrieb Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>:
|
|> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
|>
|>> The problem is, dbcheck never seems to finish. I'm not sure if it ever
|>> will, but it cannot be completed in the nearly 72 hours on the weekend
|>> that I can allow it to run before it starts to impact production
|>> backups. Here is what it's doing:
|> The first time I ran dbcheck (without all indexes on the file table) it
|> took the best part of 4 days to run and found 11+ million orphan
|> entries
|>
|> have you tweaked your my.cnf to ensure you're not using the default
|> mysql
|> limits which are designed for a 64Mb multiuser machine?
|>
|> AB

|> This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's
|> challenge
|> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
|> prizes
|> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
|> world
|> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
challenge
| Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
prizes
| Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world
| http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/

- --
~ |Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Systems Programmer II
~ |$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _| |novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
~ \__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.|IST/AST - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630