Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula says it is doing incremental backup but does full backup.

2008-07-11 12:01:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula says it is doing incremental backup but does full backup.
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
O.K. I am at my wits end.

I add a new Win XP client and ran a full backup (50 GB), immediately after that
I ran a incremental backup. Incremental backup ran as it should, it backed up
only few MB of data for changed log files.

Then I ran Full and Incremental backup of one of the Linux client that had
problem with incremental backup. Again, everything ran as it should, no
problems at all.

One thing that I did not do was run a fullbackup to tape before running full
backup to disk as I had done before.

I do not know why things failed the first time. I will have to wait until next
full backup (first friday of August) to see if the problem appears again.

Thanks for all your help/tips/suggestions.

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com