Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 24Gb tape full after ~15Gb

2008-06-12 07:14:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 24Gb tape full after ~15Gb
From: bjoern_busch <bjoern.busch AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 04:14:25 -0700 (PDT)
How much would you pay for such a drive? Just a rough guess for my
orientation.

And sure, data loss would be way more painful / expensive than a new drive,
but I think right now the tendency is towards cutting down the amount of
data that gets backed up all the time. A lot of stuff hasn't changed in a
while, so maybe we can get the regular backup size down to ~10GB. We don't
need to backup data all the time that hasn't changed since last year. or
longer.