Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs

2008-04-29 02:24:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:24:42 +0300
On Tuesday 29 April 2008 03:19, John Drescher wrote:
> >  > Did you fix your jobs so that both jobs that you want to write to the
> >  > same device use the same pool?
> >  >
> >  > John
> >
> >  Nop, I didn't change anything.. still using one device for all the jobs.
> >
> Only one volume (and pool) can be mounted (and spooling) for a single
> device at a time. All jobs that use the same device with other pools
> will be BLOCKED (no spooling or anything) when any other pool is
> mounted and in use.

Yes, well, I'm quite OK with it generally, because my target was to get all
the jobs to run their "RunBeforeJob" right after being queued - and they
actually do it and start "waiting on storage" after that (initially I thought
they start waiting BEFORE "RunBeforeJob", but I was just wrong).

--
Silver