Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs

2008-04-27 12:20:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:18:49 -0400
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
wrote:
> * Silver Salonen schrieb am 27.04.08 um 11:40 Uhr:
>  > Hi.
>
>  Hi Silver,
>
>  I only can say that I am very interested in a solution, too. Since
>  concurrent jobs never worked for me as well...
>
>  I also have set the appriate settings in all parts of the config.
>  Concurrent jobs do not even work in my situation where two different
>  clients want to backup to two different storages through the same
>  director. Like so
>
>   Job1 on Client1 -> Storage1 (tape)
>   Job2 on Client2 -> Storage2 (disk)
>
>  do never run in parralel. Job2 *always* waits for Job1 to finish.
>  (Both jobs use a different scheduling which start the jobs at the
>  same time but with different attributes (tape jobs uses spooling,
>  the disk job does not)
>
>  I guess either this is a bug in bacula or its documentation or the
>  concurrent jobs feature is not about eally running jobs in parallel
>  and bacula does not support this feature at all (yet).

Like Arno this is not what I see. I have had times where 4 to 6 jobs
were spooling to the same tape drive. Have you configured concurrency
in all the required places. Depending on what type of concurrency you
are trying to achieve you may need to set it (maximum concurrent jobs)
in 5 or more places. Also the pool may be a factor. A single device
can not mount to pools at the same time.

John