Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs

2008-04-28 11:33:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:20:21 +0300
On Sunday 27 April 2008 18:29, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> 27.04.2008 12:38, Silver Salonen wrote:

> >> To cut this short - have you configured job concurrency on the client?
> >>
> >> Arno
> >
> > Looks like I have:
>
> Hmm... ok. I'll have to read more of your mail then :-)
>
> I did... the jobs use different pools. You need different devices
> then, because each device can only access one volume at any time.

I see.. I did a quick test now (in a similar setup) and I saw two jobs running
in parallel for a moment and then, a second later the 2nd job was "waiting on
storage", so it seems that this waiting happens AFTER starting the job, not
between scheduling and running it.

Am I right? If so, I'm quite OK with it, because the point was to get all the
jobs to execute RunBeforeJob right after being scheduled :)

--
Silver