Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs

2008-04-27 06:56:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] storage's maximum concurrent jobs
From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:55:48 +0200
* Silver Salonen schrieb am 27.04.08 um 11:40 Uhr:
> Hi.

Hi Silver,

I only can say that I am very interested in a solution, too. Since
concurrent jobs never worked for me as well...

I also have set the appriate settings in all parts of the config.
Concurrent jobs do not even work in my situation where two different
clients want to backup to two different storages through the same
director. Like so

  Job1 on Client1 -> Storage1 (tape)
  Job2 on Client2 -> Storage2 (disk)

do never run in parralel. Job2 *always* waits for Job1 to finish.
(Both jobs use a different scheduling which start the jobs at the
same time but with different attributes (tape jobs uses spooling,
the disk job does not)

I guess either this is a bug in bacula or its documentation or the
concurrent jobs feature is not about eally running jobs in parallel
and bacula does not support this feature at all (yet).

-Marc

> I'm running Bacula 2.2.8 on FreeBSD. In bacula-dir.conf, there's a storage
> configured with "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 6":
> Storage {
>         Name = storage-myclient
>         Address = 192.168.100.1
>         SDPort = 9103
>         Password = "storage-password"
>         Device = device-myclient
>         Media Type = files-server
>         Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 6
> }
>
> A client using this storage has multiple jobs:
> Job {
>         Name            = myclient-hansaraama
>         JobDefs         = default-myclient
>         FileSet         = myclient-hansaraama
>         Schedule        = WeeklyFull
>         Full Backup Pool                = pool-myclient-hansaraama-full
>         Differential Backup Pool        = pool-myclient-hansaraama-diff
>         Incremental Backup Pool         = pool-myclient-hansaraama-incr
>         Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/myclient-hansaraama.bsr"
> }
> Job {
>         Name            = myclient-hansaraama-backup
>         JobDefs         = default-myclient
>         FileSet         = myclient-hansaraama-backup
>         Schedule        = WeeklyFull
>         Full Backup Pool                = pool-myclient-hansaraama-backup-full
>         Incremental Backup Pool         = pool-myclient-hansaraama-backup-incr
>         Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/myclient-hansaraama-backup.bsr"
> }
>
> But when I run two of these simultaneously, the first starts running, but the
> other "is waiting on Storage storage-myclient".
> Running Jobs:
>  JobId Level   Name                       Status
>   2915 Full    myclient-hansaraama.2008-04-27_12.32.03 is running
>   2916 Full    myclient-hansaraama-backup.2008-04-27_12.32.05 is waiting on
> Storage storage-myclient
> ====
>
> Is there something wrong with storage's Maximum Concurrent Jobs?
>
> --
> Silver

8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134