Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate full backups

2008-04-09 07:45:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate full backups
From: "Hans Voss" <hans.voss AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bob Hetzel" <beh AT case DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:45:47 +0200
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu> wrote:

>  >
>  >                    It's been a fundamental annoyance for me from the outset
>  > of using Bacula a few years ago.
>  >
>  >              The incremental notices the full hasn't completed, upgrades
>  > itself to full and THEN queues itself.
>  >
>  > IMHO this order is incorrect. The check should be made as the process
>  > exits the queue and starts running.
>
>  I agree... anybody else thing this would be a good feature request?
I agree, this is an essential feature. (Of course, it remains that
when your backup's run more then 24 hours you have a problem any way).

I had this problem because sometimes my laptop is not close to the
backup device (the SD-daemon). When it is, I manually start the
appropriate backup (usually sometime after dinner....). If this is a
full backup, this may conflict with the regular scheduled incremental
backup (which is still on the default time of 23:05). This behaviour
already made me do a complete restart of bacula (clean DB, clean
volumes, ...) (I *do* have more than one backup (rsync & bacula) of al
critical data).

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards