Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Losing Jobs in the bacula catalogue

2008-04-09 05:44:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Losing Jobs in the bacula catalogue
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:43:34 +0200
Hi,

09.04.2008 11:30, Roberto Nebot wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for my poor description.
>
> * What are you typing in bconsole?
> I am typing list jobs
>
> * What is the output?
>
> This is the output
> |    44 | pupas | 2008-03-26 17:42:06 | B    | F     |        0 |
> 0 | A         |
> |    53 | zum   | 2008-04-02 13:05:02 | B    | F     |        0 |
> 0 | A         |
> +-------+-------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+----------------+-----------+
> If you see from the jobid to 44 to 53 there aren't records and I didn't
> delete them.

Ok, then verify that these jobs ran, and there is something for them
to store in the catalog.

You can search through the console log of the DIR for these job IDs.

> * What do you expect?
> I expect to have all the jobs without gaps in this log.

That's not necessarily the case.

In your case, these jobs might have been purged, because the volume
they resided on was already recycled.

> * Why do you think it?
> Because normally it works like this.

Not necessarily...

> I am using the bacula version 2.2.7

Ok, reasonably recent.

> * which catalog database are you using?
> This I don't know how to do it.

Just what you configured or installed... should be either PostgreSQL,
MySQl, or SQLite.

But that probably doesn't matter now :-)

Arno

> I hope it helps

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann