Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate full backups

2008-04-07 09:22:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate full backups
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:22:06 +0200
Hi,

07.04.2008 15:05, Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2008 10:37, Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> 07.04.2008 06:04, Seth Miller wrote:
>>> How can I force Bacula to complete a job before it starts a new one
>>> for the same client?
>> You can't, now, I believe.
>
> But you can automatically cancel the incremental job that would be upgraded
> duplicate full. I'm doing it with:
>
> JobDefs {
>         Max Wait Time = 12h
> }

Well, if you're using that approach, and usually have jobs run
concurrently (so normally the jobs don't have to wait at all) I'd set
the wait time rather low, like 5 minutes. Otherwise, if a job takes 35
hours, you'll end up with another full backup...

Also, the "Incremental Max Wait Time" seems to be broken... at least
that's what I read on -devel by Eric Bollengier.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann