Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate full backups

2008-04-08 21:31:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate full backups
From: "Seth Miller" <seth AT animejunkie DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 20:31:42 -0500
The size of the backups are normal.  Their shared web servers so
customers can upload just about anything they want.  We have a few
customers that take advantage of all the disk space so they upload
tons of video and large images.

Anyhow, my "solution" is to create a separate schedule for the
stragglers aptly named "bigdogs".  I'll just allow for a 3 days break
in between the full and next incremental.  It's probably not ideal for
every situation but I think it works in mine.

This really should be something that gets addressed in a newer
version.  I don't think it should be forced that the next incremental
be upgraded to a full and start running but at least have an option to
change this behavior.

Maybe we can put a bounty on this request.  I'm sure I could get some
funds from my company to get this feature added.

Regards,

Seth