BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Updated BackupPC 4 Debian Packages

2017-05-26 04:24:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Updated BackupPC 4 Debian Packages
From: Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez AT debian DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 10:23:03 +0200
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:53:05AM -0700, Craig Barratt wrote:
>    Ludo,
>    Cool - thanks!
>    I'm close to releasing new versions for all the components: BackupPC,
>    backuppc-xs and rsync-bpc.  There are several important bug fixes.Â

Ok, I've started to package rsync-bpc as a new package name
"backuppc-rsync" to make sure that users do not install rsync-bcp
thinking it's a normal "rsync".

I don't know if rsync-bcp is usable without backuppc?

Is the new package based on rsync 3.1.2 stable enough ?

>    For BackupPC, will it be a new package new (eg, BackupPC4)?  The general
>    consensus is that would be better since there are some potential
>    incompatible configuration changes users might have to deal with.

Ok, I'll try to see if I can handle them during the upgrade process and
try to keep the same package name under Debian.
Do you have a list of configuration incompatibilities?

Best regards,

--
Ludovic Drolez.

https://www.aopensource.com             - The Android Open Source Portal