BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Updated BackupPC 4 Debian Packages

2017-05-25 13:54:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Updated BackupPC 4 Debian Packages
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 10:53:05 -0700
Ludo,

Cool - thanks!

I'm close to releasing new versions for all the components: BackupPC, backuppc-xs and rsync-bpc.  There are several important bug fixes.  Also, Yves created a new cygwin-rsyncd-3.1.2.1 package that removes the blat.exe mailer, but still provides an email option (commented out) using the built-in windoze power shell.

For BackupPC, will it be a new package new (eg, BackupPC4)?  The general consensus is that would be better since there are some potential incompatible configuration changes users might have to deal with.

I'm traveling the next few days, but hopefully I'll get to it during my trip or early next week after I get back.

Craig