BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes

2014-11-10 13:08:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes
From: tschmid4 <tschmid4 AT utk DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:06:32 +0000
SUPER!

My Linux boxes are backing up.
All you guys are awesome.
Now, at the risk of making a mistake and causing a problem with a perfectly
good configuration,
I have one small problem remaining that I THINK needs to have a wee bit of
SAMBA configuration.
I've added a new Windows (Virtual Box) server running on RHEL 7 platform. That
is giving me a no ping (host not found)
Message in the Backuppc Configuration Editor.
 Xfer: SMB
I've compared it to an existing Windows box on the network and it's setup
identical as far as I can tell.
Also have looked at some configuration suggestions from the mail list.
Other than adding a registry key, which I'm not willing, but able, to do, I
can't find an overall consensus on
A simple Windows/via SAMBA/ via BACKUPPC/ configuration. Also haven't found any
specific SAMBA
Details to try.
FYI, All servers were previously setup and working by a prior admin, this
single server is one I've added to the
Schedule.

Terry