BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes

2014-11-11 16:41:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:37:20 +0100
Hi,

Les Mikesell wrote on 2014-11-10 15:08:49 -0600 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to
read 4 bytes]:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
> wrote:
> > >
> > actually, "host not found" is a failure to resolve the host name (by DNS and
> > netbios).
>
> Which might - or might not - still have something to do with a
> firewall blocking the netbios response.

yes, sorry. I was thinking about DNS and missed the netbios case. I added that
after checking the code to make sure the message actually means what it says
and failed to realize the implication.

Regards,
Holger