BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes

2014-11-07 14:30:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes
From: Mauro Condarelli <mc5686 AT mclink DOT it>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 20:28:51 +0100
You can just comment it out.
Keeping it as reference is, most likely, useless though.
If You reinstalled or, somehow, You regenerated the "host keys" in the
"server" (actually that's the BackupPC *client*) the old ones are lost
for good.

I strongly urge You to make pretty sure (testing by hand) user backuppc
on BackupPC server can ssh into each and all clients (as root) with no
error and no need for typing passwords.

After everything is working You can restrict access to a single caller
and or to a single command (to enhance security).