BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes

2014-11-10 17:22:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:21:30 -0600
On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM, tschmid4 <tschmid4 AT utk DOT edu> wrote:
> I'll take a look in the morning.
> Correct: IP static.
> Windows Firewall tried off with no change.
> Added the host IP to the hosts.allow
> **Haven't found anything indicating I tweak the SAMBA server....?

You aren't actually using the samba _server_.  You are using the
windows file share service and the linux samba client, smbclient (or
smbtar which is basically the same).   There is really only one quirk
that connects them and it is rare for it to cause a problem - and that
is that smbclient does read the smb.conf config file that you might
have configured with some custom values if you have a samba server
running on the same machine as backuppc.