BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes

2014-11-07 14:59:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Unable to read 4 bytes
From: tschmid4 <tschmid4 AT utk DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 19:58:25 +0000
Not concerned at all.
I'd rather start from scratch at this point if it's possible.
I've made a list of which servers can connect to others and for the most part, they can connect with a few stray disconnects.

To start with a clean slate, would I SSH into the backup server and SSH to each Linux machine I wanted to connect to ?

Is there a process for deleting a specific line from each host file so the server will add the correct key info for each connection?

I still can't quite wrap my head around the process because some of what the messages tell you are to 'Add the correct host key' ....well, which machine ?

Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in ~/.ssh/known_hosts:1

I know if I ever get it working it will be light a light bulb going off,
but it's mighty dark right now with the servers not backing up....

I appreciate the replies for everyone. It really keeps me going.

Terry